Have you ever dreamed of adventuring in Alaska? What about with awe-inspiring women and a local guide, while learning health info that could radically change your life, as well as that of the women you serve? ✨
You don’t want to miss this 1st Annual Alaska Women’s Health Retreat hosted by Dr. Kayla Luhrs & Suzanne Mathis McQueen!
August 12-18, 2020
If, over the next year, your clients or patients could learn a simpler way to manage their female bodies—once and for all—by aligning with the rhythm of their monthly hormones in a way that makes sense to their day-to-day lives and has them feeling better physically & psychologically, would this serve you as a doctor, wellness practitioner, or coach? If you treated them rhythmically, could you help them to achieve their greatest health & fitness potential faster?
We think so.
of women's health is relatable & rhythmic
Who It's For:
Women who have female clients or patients: ~ doctors ~ nurse practitioners ~ nutritionists ~ sex & relationship coaches ~ therapists ~ fitness coaches ~ licensed salon & spa practitioners ~ business coaches ~ yoga teachers, women's circle leaders, etc.
>>> Why not guys? We’ll have all-gender workshops and conferences in the future, but we’re combining a women’s retreat with professional training on this one.
What We'll Talk About:
- The benefits of treating or coaching your clients/patients rhythmically
- The benefits of making hormones relatable, rather than confusing & forgettable
- The Circamena Rhythm, a term coined by Suzanne to describe the monthly female body clock
- The superpowers of the female-experience vs. the programming of the egg-journey focus
- Negative narrative vs. positive language
- How the four phases and opposite phases work together as a team
- Practical tools for daily balance in health, business, relationships, & sexuality
What We'll Do:
- An extensive overview of the 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks Method & Daily Practice for staying in alignment with the fuel of one’s hormones
- A technical & non-technical self-care deep dive into each of the phases (science, mind movement, outlook, energy, immune system, libido, etc.)
- Give phase-specific tools for balance & comfort that you can begin to use right away and share with your clients/patients (food, fitness, non-technical cycle-tracking, conscious awareness, mindfulness, strengthening medicines, anatomy-focused practices, beauty regimens, active love & protection of one’s self, etc.
- Daily Talking Circles for reflection and/or sharing your expertise
- Take excursions into Alaska’s natural splendor and explore Juneau’s character
- Create bonds with like-minded women and practitioners
Science shows us the rhythmic pattern of the female hormones. 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks shows you the relevancy of that science to your daily experiences.
The Book: 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks
Based on science, 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks (4s4w) guides readers through a non-technical journey of the female hormonal experience using sun seasons, moon phases, and sacred geometry, revealing a logical and predictable blueprint that makes the female body easier to understand. By breaking down the approximate 28 days of the monthly cycle into 4 guided weeks, a woman can easily begin to see how one week prepares for the next.
By tapping into the remarkable navigational system within, the 4s4w approach demonstrates how understanding one’s unique feminine rhythm can result in peak performance in business and in athletics, as well as sharpen a woman’s decision-making and enhance sexual pleasure. When men understand 4s4w, it takes the mystery and the guesswork out when initiating sex or other forms of communication.
From the beginning, brief overviews of women’s history, global healing, universal rhythms, and female sexuality prime the reader for a richer appreciation of the four weekly seasons. Using language and images that are clear, comfortable, and positive, this exquisite book sheds light on the true nature of the organic feminine rhythm and allows all genders to embrace it with grace and ease.
Based on the science of the hormones, women's history, and the female's repeating pattern of experiences, Suzanne and Dr. Kayla will take you on a journey through the four phases of a woman's monthly body clock using the 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks (4s4w) method and daily practice for an easier way to align with one's hormones. 4s4w compliments, rather than replaces your hormonal expertise as a doctor or practitioner.
Learn it for your own wellbeing, then teach it to your clients, patients, & staff.
Kayla Luhrs, MD grew up fishing and berry picking in the island town of Ketchikan, Alaska. She specializes in general medicine and focuses on disease prevention as well as blending Eastern and Western techniques. Dr. Luhrs is an Ayurvedic consultant and a 500-hour trained yoga teacher. She has been published several times throughout her career, mainly in the neuroscience realm.
Suzanne Mathis McQueen is a womb wisdom educator and reproductive rights protector. The author of 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks, she specializes in the 29-day female body clock, a natural rhythm that is critical to female balance, joy, and optimal daily experiences in health, business, and love. Her empowering four-phase template and daily practice for easily aligning with the female hormones and rhythmic sex drive (even beyond menopause) are resonating with women and men globally.
“Can’t tell you how many positive changes are being made as a result of your work…and how many I believe are yet to be made.” – Jessica S., Santa Fe, NM ✨
What You'll Receive (included in tuition):
- A physical copy of the book, 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks (4s4w)
- Registration to the 4s4w online Masterclass when launched
At the Retreat:
- Transportation to & from airport
- Shared-space lodging
- 2-3 meals/day plus snacks
- Whale Watching Excursion & Juneau Food Tour
- 4 Seasons in 4 Weeks Level One Certification
What You Need to Do or Bring (not included in tuition):
- You are in charge of arranging and purchasing your round-trip transportation/airline ticket to Juneau
- Bring money for extra meals in town or spending
- Comfortable clothing for workshop time
- Outdoor clothing & good walking shoes for excursions
Consider a Different Model for Your Business Practice
Whether you own your own practice or work as an independent contractor or employee, you’ll have a chance to explore other ways of doing business that may provide greater benefit for you and your clients.
Dr. Kayla has been a leader in the field of alternative ways to run a medical business. She holds a once-a-month class for MDs and other practitioners who want to know the secrets of her business model. While in town on the Food Tour, we’ll visit her office in Juneau and discuss her business model success.
Perhaps you have a model to share as well!
- Learn rhythmic tools for your clients
- Business model exploration
- Can you say working vacation tax write-off?
- Hike, kayak, visit the close-by glacier
- Whale Watch
- Juneau Food Tour
- Explore the raw, primal nature of Alaska
- Tap into your wild & rhythmic body clock
- Spend time with like-minded Sisters
When and Where:
August 12-18, 2020
7 days, 6 nights
A retreat center located 22 miles north of Juneau in the Tongass National Forest
We chose The National Shrine of St. Therese retreat center for our 7-day women’s retreat for health and wellness practitioners in order to have a serene space to open our hearts and minds and a peaceful environment to rest our bodies and souls while also learning new skills. Be assured that, while religiously based, The Shrine welcomes all faiths and no faith groups that wish to connect with the higher nature within and without.
By focusing on an easier way for females to understand their monthly hormonal experiences and tap into the fuel of that cyclic body sequence, Dr. Kayla and Suzanne seek to empower women, and thereby balance the world, by connecting the internal female body clock with the rhythms of nature.
Yes, definitely. But know that the presentations and conversations will be targeted toward those who have patients or clients. You'll need to be good with this and respect strict confidentiality protocol.
We'll be in the main lodge. Rooms are shared and sparse with twin beds. There are no private rooms. This is a little like summer camp for big girls.
While the retreat center is not a 5-star resort, you'll be in 5-star nature. It doesn't get any better than Alaska.
Don't count on it. You can always check your calls when we're in town. Resist the temptation to be checking your phone. Plan on and luxuriate in being unplugged.
Other than the times we will be eating in town, we will be preparing healthy food and snacks on-site for you. We'll make sure all preferences and restrictions are noted and respected. You won't go hungry.
Here's a general idea of the schedule. It is subject to change (as Mother Nature may have different ideas).
“I am overcome with the emotions I am experiencing while reading this book. I began tracking my cycle for physical reasons back in ’97 and I am so incredibly grateful that now I have a guidebook to reaffirm my discoveries and offer me insight into aspects I have misunderstood. Honestly, I cannot express how grateful I am. Thank you thank you!! Also, I wanted you to know that the “man” part of the book is really hitting home with my lover too. Your suggestions resonate so well with both of us.”
~Ash M. ~ Boise, Idaho